The innocent mistake......

The lady either had a genuine intention or had done it mistakenly when she exchanged my scooter with hers. Last Friday, we had a get together in the evening. I hurriedly rushed towards the party venue and parked my scooter in the parking lot. It was almost 7:00 in the evening when our party began. It was fun before before we finished around 8:00 and wished each other goodnight.

Looking for my scooter, I found it missing. I asked the restaurant owner about my scooter, and he said one of his regular customers had dragged it to a work shop. Now, questions were flowing like waves one after the other-why , when, where etc. The situation was something unexpected and there was a big crowd now. Somebody from the crowd said that a lady around 35, in an inebriated state was seen dragging a bike to the work shop. We rushed towards it and found my scooter in a damaged condition. The lock was broken and the body parts were scattered around. The immediate question was what to do with the scooter-leave it as it was or call the police (Dial 900).

I argued with the mechanic why he broke the lock without checking the blue book as I knew there was a strict instruction by the police to every garage that they were not authorized to open the lock without the authenticity of the owner. He was perturbed.

However, I cannot complain about that man as he did what he was instructed to by the lady who had given him a few hundred bucks.We made a complaint at 103 and I am very much thankful to the police. They took quick action and they came to the place where the incident occurred and took the scooters (mine as well as that lady's) into custody. Since it was Friday, we had to wait till Sunday to clear up things and get the vehicles back.

On Sunday morning, I was at the police station and the lady too. We had a short talk and concluded with the understanding that my scooter would be taken to a workshop and repaired. I am thankful to the lady for she kept her words.

It is, in fact, very astonishing why people drink so much that they forget they have to return home. And, the worst part is why it is difficult for them to recognize their vehicle. Intoxicated people not only trouble others but they put themselves in greater trouble too.


Everyone make mistakes but be sure to realise and correct it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment